8.12.2008

can't get everything right.

So, thus far, I've been REALLY happy with everything that I've picked out and how it all is coming together...til just recently. And of course, it has to be something that EVERYONE sees. The outside :(

I am pretty sure I like the actual color of the house, and I liked the stone in a nice 4-color printed brochure and on a 10" x 10" square of it...but in real life, actually installed on the house? Not so much. I'm sure it'll grow on me, and I just keep telling myself that once all of the pretty mint green is gone, it'll be better...so, we'll see. Hopefully by the end of this week the house painting will be complete and THEN I should give my true opinion. Bummer. Makes me sad.

The other item is the master bathroom sink/countertop. Everything is very brown (besides the cabinets) in the bathroom...and then I went and picked a nearly black countertop with 'flecks' of a brownish-tan. Not sure what I was thinking :( Maybe I'll just set out lots of decorative towels on it when people come to visit... Again, bummer.

They also started the driveway today, so that's exciting. It's way bigger than I thought it was going to be, so that's super. We have to wait 4 weeks to drive on it...which sucks, but, that's ok.
So, I'm kind of bummed, and I visit the house like 4 times a day, which isn't helping my issues with the outside. Ugh. I am so sick of this and ready to just move in.

Up close of the stone and house color. The mint green will go away and become tan someday.

Fireplace, will get different stone than the outside.


Master vanity.

Stair railing. Love how this turned out.




Master bath. Again, love how this is turning out.

Start of the driveway. Outside border will be exposed aggregate.


A better picture of the stone and the green.

No comments: