4.27.2012

jess' baby shower!

Finally getting caught up! On April14th, myself and two other girls hosted a baby shower for our friend, Jess (Zach's wife). It was a fabulous day, we had a great turnout and Jess was showered with lovely gifts for the new baby on the way!

Of course there was a Pear Tree Greetings invitation involved. Instead of choosing a traditional baby shower invitation design, we chose a wedding invitation and re-worded the text to be baby shower appropriate. Jess' nursery colors are yellow and gray, so that, along with stripes, became the theme.

What baby shower wouldn't be complete without a diaper cake? So easy to make and makes a great centerpiece.

We picked up some paper pom and lantern kits and then using scrapbook paper and leftover invitations and gift tags, I sewed (yes, sewed!) paper garland to add a little something to the arrangement. All of this has since been transferred above the crib in Jess' nursery, I'm sure I'll share pictures of that someday as well!

 I made a little bunting banner along with another strand of garland to jazz up the fireplace a bit. The frames from the previous picture as well as the white frame in this picture were actually the prizes for the games. I can't take credit for that idea, that was another one of the host's ideas, loved it! Who can't use another frame?

 
I enlisted my co-worker, Meigan, again, maker of the super-fabulous-amazing cookies, and she did not disappoint. Used my sauce bottles that I am in love with for some mimosas adorned with little favor tags letting you know if they contained alcohol or not. And boy was that important. I kid you not, of the 20+ people in attendance, I swear 12 were pregnant. I did feel a titch out of place. We had a spread full of delicious food, as well!

 One of the games we played was to taste test baby food and guess the flavor. The guest of honor didn't do so hot...considering ketchup and honey mustard were not correct :) Kudos to my sister-in-law, Krystal, she rocked that game :)
 
The hosts and guest of honor! I had so much helping plan and host this shower with these two lovely (and pregnant) ladies! 

top: jayme, ashley, me
bottom: jayme, jess, ashley, me

Can't wait to meet baby Otto!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow looks very nice! Zach