first and last first

Today was Grayson's first day of being in the Toddler room and also Connor's last 'first' day of preschool. Words spoken by moms everywhere...but I just can't believe he'll be in kindergarten next year. Although it's a year away, it feels like it'll be here before we know it. However, I will admit, I am SO excited to go school supply shopping!

Because I've been a horrible blogger lately, and recently I submitted my own back to school photos for a work thing...I figure I'll document a bit of our day here. Apparently I had a mind of my own back in the day and refused to wear the dress my mom wanted me to wear. At least I smiled for the photo :)

I tried to get Connor to wear 'church clothes' for his first day as a Big Bird, but he was not having that. He had on his yellow comfy shorts and some typical Connor shirt (backhoes, transformers, spider man, etc.) as he typically dresses himself these days (which, is amazing). I expressed that I was a little sad, showed him what Grayson was wearing, told him that he'd probably have his picture taken for his first day...and five minutes later he comes running out of his room with the shirt we had compromised on last night, not a collared shirt but at least not a super hero shirt. He was so proud to show me he had it on to make me happy. He even then fully agreed to take a picture!

So, Connor's last first day of preschool was a success!

Grayson, well, he's pretty chill about everything. Rewind back a few years when I dropped Connor off at Toddler's for the first time. Two straight weeks of horrible drop offs. The teachers had to literally peel him off of me everyday. Horrible. Grayson? Thoroughly enjoyed standing on the step to wash his hands, grab a paper towel, throw it away (he missed, but he's got lots of time to work on that) and then waddled (yes, still a little wobbly on the walking) on over to the toys, didn't care one bit. THANK GOODNESS. He was a little sad when I went to pick him up, I think the first day is always a bit overwhelming. Only took a 45 minute nap or so (compared to 2-3 hours) and probably just a lot going on in the first day, but calmed down as soon as he saw Connor and I and we headed home. 

So in love with and proud of these boys! 

No comments: