6.24.2009

quick trip to the lake

For how hot it's been...I'm sad to say that we've barely utilized the lake. Last weekend I was in a volleyball tournament so Saturday was out (however it would have been an AMAZING day at the lake) and yeah. Just too much going on. However tonight Bryan, Connor and I snuck out there. Grilled supper, then went for a boat ride AND...gave Connor his first swimming lesson. Needless to say...he wasn't a big fan. But, the water is what, 20-30 degrees (I really have no idea) cooler than his bath water? And the life jacket was a new, non-enjoyable experience as well. He did better than I thought tho, he was asking for it, I had jumped in hoping he might want to follow and eventually he did but then soon realized I was crazy and wanted out. We'll try again I'm sure :) Lake of the Ozarks trip is less than a month away and he better be lake ready by then!! So excited.

Just like the lawn mower, never really shows his excitment or happiness...until you take him off or make him get down. THEN he's mad.


(the boat was off and not moving at this point)
Trying to show him how fun it would be to kick in the water.

LOVES buttons and also discovered the horn.

Kind of had to be there for this one, but there's a little jack to plug your ipod/mp3 player into the boat, has a little black cover thing to it. Last time he was on the boat he kept opening it, closing it, repeat. This time...he went straight for it...with his mouth. It was fairly hilarious.

Mmm, the soft, spongy boat key was of major interest as well.
Thanks, Mom, for sending the pictures!

1 comment:

Amber said...

You know...I live 9 miles off of I-35, Well actually since I'm "homeless", I am located 9 miles off of I-35, in Nevada, Ia. :)