6.11.2009

turtles!

My mom sent me these pictures over the last few days...she's had not one but TWO massive snapping turtle sightings! I think they are incredibly cool, so prehistoric looking.

She thought this one was between 1.5-2' long. 2 feet long!
It was also missing it's left eye (which is how she determined they were two separate turtles)

This was from yesterday...she found another one laying eggs by the driveway! Crazy. 80 days gestation apparently...so we'll see!

Aren't they cool?
Except...that they live in water...
Bring on the lake parties :)
(swim at your own risk)
Kidding, you'll be fine.

1 comment:

The Nesslers said...

Screw water shoes...I'm going to need a full body suit. Heck I may never get in the water now.

PS - On another lake related topic, if Christy ever offers to take you tubing...do not let her. I almost lost my life that day along with another poor individual. Be advised.