3.28.2008

who knew SEWER would be so exciting...

Okay so maybe you don't find sewer exciting, and in normal situations I wouldn't either, but today I sure thought it was.

Bryan and Grant dug in the sewer and water lines today from the curb stop to where the utility room will be. Not a fun job for them by any means, and they had a little trouble locating where the the sewer line was. Maybe those of you reading this are experts at this, but this was all new to me. Grant and Bryan I'm sure were sick of me asking, 'so what exactly are you looking to find?' and 'what is that for?'...such good sports they were.

Plan for tomorrow is to put the silt fence (not going to lie I thought this was 'silk' fence ever since I've known Bryan...blame it on the poor hearing) up around the edge of the lot so that any dirt won't run into the ravine, retention pond, etc. The city wasn't too thrilled today that it wasn't there yet. Next step is digging the hole on Monday provided everything goes as planned this weekend.

The first scoop of dirt...it's not exactly a red ribbon cutting ground breaking ceremony...but close enough for me.



Grant trying to watch and make sure Bryan doesn't 'hit it' (sewer pipe).


The finished product. Once they located the sewer, they then dug a trench into the future utility room and laid the sewer and water pipes as they went. Covered the pipes with some rock, filled in the trench and called it done.

Thrilling, I know!

No comments: