7.20.2009

we made it!

We have officially made it to vacation. Ahhhh........

The drive took us 9.5 hours, with 2 stops. WAY better than I think all of us thought it would be. The kids did really well, but we were all definitely ready to get out of the car. I drove to a little past Kansas City, maybe I should back up. We got up at 3:30 on Saturday morning and were on the road by 4:33...the kids did not fall right back asleep, however, they were up for an hour and then napped, so it was fine. So yeah, I drove til a little past Kansas City and then Krystal took over to our final destination, Tan-Tar-A resort on Lake of the Ozarks.

Yesterday, our first full day of vacation went great, kids took a two hour nap in the morning then we went to the pool til mid-afternoon. Naps again, then to the dinner reception for the conference (dad is speaking today at the conference...hopefully, as mom is on the way right now to pick him up at the Springfield airport from Argentina...his talk is supposed to happen at 1...).

Day two? We're just about to put the kids down for their morning naps, then it will be pool time again. This is perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Relaxation :)

Sorry no pictures, I honestly haven't even taken ONE. (mom and Krystal have, I promise to be better starting today)

Happy Monday!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Holy moly. I didn't know you were driving! Yikes!

Have fun...keep on blogging! :)

The Carter Family said...

Have tons of fun and relax a lot for me too. It has been so much fun here with out you.... not!

The Nesslers said...

I don't know why, but every time i hear the ozarks i feel like you are at some biblical location. (maybe because it is similar to Ark, as in noah).

Anyways, so yeah, I have visions of you surrounded by amish looking people and modest looking folk.

Hope you're having fun - miss you at work.