6.07.2011

Grayson: Twelve Weeks

Grayson is 12 weeks old today. Yes, I can say the standard things about it goes too fast, they change so much, but, it's been a really good 12 weeks. The weather has sucked, from rain to gale force winds to now 100 degree heat, but, it's been good. I probably worked too much, and not even that I worked that much, but, hard to stay away.  I go back to work on Monday and however much I'll be sad, Grayson has semi-become a little mama's boy so I think he'll be sad too, I know he'll be fine and they'll be much better at tummy time than I have been, ha. And, I'm ready to get back into it. Little worried how our mornings will go to get everyone out the door in a timely fashion but we'll figure it out. So, a little bit about Grayson these days...

-eats his hands and fists like there is no tomorrow. I guess I'm thankful he hasn't found his thumb?
-While eating his hand and laying on the floor, he rolls over onto his side (well his upper body is on his side), arching his back. I don't know why, but I think it's cute. And he's generally talking up a storm while eating his little chubby wrist.
-Speaking of talking, definitely getting more vocal, which is fun
-Nicknames still consist of Chunga, and of course all the standard ones like peanut, buddy, etc. Connor will repeat what we call him, but on his own he calls him "bud" and always "hey, bud!". "Hey bud, you want to look at this dump truck?", "Hey bud, you want your milk?"
-is hungry. I think he eats around 30-35 ounces a day, something like that. And I really only know that because I pump about 45-50 in a day, and freeze anywhere from 15-20 daily.
-Speaking of pumping, I hate it, but I do it. I'll have about 250-270 bags stored by Monday when I go back to work, and I'll keep at it, but not sure I'll last as long as I did with Connor (7.5 months). Obviously the ultimate goal is to never have to buy formula, but probably not going to happen.
-only real fussy times are if he gets overtired, which we obviously try and avoid
-loves hanging out in his bouncy chair, generally sucking on his wrist
-doesn't love the nuk, which we are 90% on board with, but there is that 10% that sometimes it'd be really handy if he liked it, not going to lie.
-cradle cap is way under control. Thank you to everyone for your suggestions. We've been using Cetaphil (sp?) body wash on his scalp and brushing with a baby brush.
-I think his face itches like crazy. I try and apply lotion a few times a day, but he is constantly rubbing at his face or when you're holding him on your shoulder he leans in and does a full facial itch into us. At least I finally started filing his nails, hopefully the cutting decreases.
-wearing 6 month clothes. I had been trying to stretch his 3 month clothes (probably quite literally) so he could wear them a few more times, then I go to an outfit I'd been saving, or something, only to find out it doesn't fit, or really could only get one wear out of it. So, we're comfortable in 6 months clothes right now and I must say he looks a little less like a stuffed sausage. Ha.
-rocking the chubby baby look. I did notice his white onesie he was wearing yesterday had a little blood around the neck which means the skin in his neck folds is getting very sore :( So, we're going to try a few things and obviously be more diligent about keeping it clean and dry. Any suggestions on what would work best to heal it up are welcome!
-is an okay sleeper. And, he's probably a pretty good sleeper, but by this time Connor was sleeping through the night. I think the biggest difference between the two is Connor was a night owl (still is) and Grayson would be content going to sleep at 8, which is fine, but that means he's up anywhere between 4 and 8 hours later. Not very consistent this little man.
-has toxic poop. Meaning, I swear every outfit he poops on, I literally have to soak in oxi-clean, scrub with shout, spray with stain remover and then wash, at least two times. No lie. I honestly think Connor had like two blow outs (I'm sure I'm blocking this out...) and I don't remember it being this difficult to get out.

Okay that got a little long for a little man so young and that really doesn't do anything... :) But, we love him oh so much and I'm trying to capture the memories, to be overly cliche.


Oh, and I finally got around to posting his birth story, I just back dated it so it would be in the right order for the most part. Not that many of you care, but I'm sure some of you will read :)

1 comment:

Ben, Alissa & Peyton said...

Ha, I can TOTALLY relate to the Nuk thing! Peyton never wanted one, and while we are thankful for that now, there were some times it would have been nice if she had taken one. ;o)