5.20.2008

busy busy

I stopped at the house yesterday before my 'pick out plumbing fixtures' appointment and arrived only to have to park half way down our street because of all the activity. Multiple cement trucks (which I later witnessed one back right into the other...that was parked), electricians, masons, plumbers and then me. It is FANTASTIC to see of all of this as it obviously means progress!

Back to the plumbing fixture comment...wow. Who would have thought there are HUNDREDS of shower head combos to pick from, and then triple that many faucets. Geez. Again, I must not be very observant because I couldn't tell you if the bathroom I use everyday has a single handle, solid plate double handle, mini widespread handles or widespread handles, let alone what finish it is. Okay, I take a little of that back. It's shiny chrome. Anyways. I can only hope I made good, nice looking choices, as I haven't picked out countertop or colors in any of the rooms yet.

Today I lay out my kitchen, specify what type of drawers or shelves I want in the cabinets, and hopefully nail down the type of wood and stain color for the cabinets, moulding, doors, etc. These decisions are coming really fast...but again, I'm not complaining as maybe that means we're ahead of schedule. (wishful thinking I'm sure)



No comments: