5.06.2008

random updates [updated with photos]

some random thoughts for this evening...


1. Mom and I took Connor to Sears Portrait studio yesterday. It was awful. Not going to lie, Connor may have been a little crabby, just never had a good routine the entire day, so was probably just thinking bright lights and people clicking their tongue to get him to look at a camera was not a cool thing. However. I was completely disappointed, almost to the point of tears, when we reviewed his photos. It seemed every time there was a potential good photo, she'd have to unscrew her camera, move it around, and okay, he's a newborn. As if he holds a pose for more than a split second, so, of course, the moment would pass by the time she had the camera in position. It was so frustrating. Completely not impressed. I'm sure when Connor is old enough to sit in a pose for long enough, it might be fine. Anyways, I won't be returning to Sears, for more reasons than I listed above.


2. We continue to attempt to make our own photo studio here at home...I've mentioned in the past the lighting is awful, so that doesn't help, and I don't have a black cloth or anything to save my life, so today we worked with brown and attempted to make it black with my weak photoshop skills. Sad, I know. I think my next (and possible last) attempt for this age will be to try and pose him when he's sleeping...can't wait to see how that turns out.









not a new photo, just edited it a bit

3. All of this photo shoot drama is really mostly because I feel sad and guilty that I haven't sent out photo birth announcements yet. Yes, I know, everyone I would send them to obviously knows he exists, but that's the stuff I thrive on. I obsess about fun photo greeting card sites, I love pictures of babies, I love crap like that. I have a friend willing to design them for me, and obviously have enough contacts with printers through work to print the dang things. And here we are, Connor is about to turn 4 weeks old, and I haven't sent them yet. I might never. It makes me sad :( And not that anyone who I would send them to would really care, but, I do. So, I might still send them, and if I do, and you think to yourself, gee, weird that we're getting announcements when Connor is like a month or more old, sorry in advance that I wasn't on the ball.

4. Scrapbooking. Haven't touched it. Need to, in a bad way. Obviously haven't started Connor's in any shape or form, but still have so many unfinished projects. Scotland, 2004, still not done. Close, but yet so far. This is in the back of my mind as well.

5. Work. One of these weeks I'd like to start working part time from home, but still unsure how to work it into our daily schedule (foot in mouth from before having Connor that I thought I'd have SO much time on maternity leave...). Granted, we're getting much better, and this week is full of appointments so that doesn't help...so maybe next week. And really, I should be able to get most of it done when Bryan gets home from work. And then I think to myself, and listen to the countless people that have told me, enjoy this time with Connor, you never get it back. If I want to hold him for 5 hours straight...I should, pretty soon he won't think that's fun anymore to cuddle with mom...

6. I had a funny looking mole removed on my leg today. Went in to just get it checked...and we just removed it right then and there. We'll wait for the pathology report to come back before we start to worry.

7. Diet. I need, need, need to start exercising. I'm technically below the weight from my first prenatal appointment, but then I lost almost 15 lbs...and even then I'm still above what I was at my lowest with LA...so, I need to get working on that, too. Eating habits aren't that bad, but need to get out walking. Gee, could the rain just go away? (pics are from Friendship Days 2006...about my lowest with LA)





8. The house. Coming along great, and SO excited for it. They are going to start shingling tomorrow, we're meeting with Grant tomorrow night to get some additional things picked out and settled, and yeah, things are rolling. Very good.



9. Movies. Watched 27 Dresses finally the other night, was quite excited to see it. Not that I was disappointed, it was a pretty good chick flick, but pretty predictable.

10. Response time. I am, for some reason, TERRIBLE at getting back to people lately. Not sure what my deal is, and I hope I'm not offending anyone. Sometimes my phone will ring or an email will come in, and I just get so easily sidetracked, mostly due to Connor, which makes sense, and then the times that he is sleeping and I feel I should be getting SO much done, I don't. Or I don't think I do. So, I apologize, I do aim to improve.

That might be about it for my randomness this evening. I'm sure I have more, but sense this post is getting quite long, and, I'm about due to 'express myself'...if you know what I mean. Or in the words of some of my friends, make a Holstein proud. I know, how kind.

Having some trouble uploading pictures, will try again later. [as you can see I tried again later, and it worked]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the random updates, Christy...they're perfect. I miss you and really need to come see you soon. We can do a revised nature run with Connor, watch a non-chick flick, harass a random Sears’ photographer and you can have me finish the Scotland scrapbook, being that I haven’t even done one yet! Love you...

Anne

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy,
You could be a photographer yourself- those photos done at home, on the blanket are the CUTEST and for sure would be hard to BEAT! LOVE THEM!

Love, Grandma Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy,
Here is a little poem I want to share with you, my sister-in-law, Jeanne, always had this hanging in her house when her kids were little. Here it is:

Cleaning and cooking can wait 'till tomorrow. For babies grow up, as we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.

This has helped me get through a lot of days when I felt I was not getting enough done! You are a mom now and taking care of Connor trumps everything else, there will be time for the rest later!

Have a great day rocking your baby!

Missy

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy...

Trust me I can totally relate to how random you are feeling right now, but trust me it does get better. You sound so much like me in that pre-baby you were on top of everything, house spotless, showered and put together all the time, weight under control, etc. It took me a good 3 months or so to finally let those feelings go. I even had to go into my doctor (what a devastating realization at the time!!) I have to honestly say that I had a case of postpartum (I know...most people think of that and think baby haters) and my doctor prescribed something to take the edge off. Don't think that I am accusing you of that at all...just keep that in mind...it's very common. Anyway, I really need to get over with Miss Angie sometime to meet this new little guy. He looks like such a sweetheart. Also...just as an FYI...Avery's 1st photo shoot was a nightmare also!!! I did cry.
Well hang in there and if you ever need to talk or think you are losing your mind...I can reassure you that we have all been there and done that :) Jodi