5.23.2008

paper randomness

I went scrapbook shopping with my friend Sarah yesterday, and of course we always have a good time...and always spend probably a little too much...okay, maybe I went a little overboard. But to my credit, I have multiple projects going on, and she is a super scrapper and always seems to be caught up. So, I had stuff to buy :) Both her and I are going on a scrapbook retreat (unleash all of your 'what a dork' comments here, or stop reading this post :)) in June with a bunch of other women so we needed to prepare.

My most recent scrapbooks have been very 'themey' and 'matchy-matchy'. And, I have been told I kind of have a 'thing' about matching. So, buying paper for Connor's scrapbook was a little outside of my box as using paper that all coordinates is probably unrealistic for a little boy's scrapbook? I mean, yes, it could be done, especially for a little mini album or something, but for his 'life' scrapbooks? Probably a little unrealistic. So, I just went around the store and picked out papers. I've decided I have something huge against pastels because I hated every traditional 'baby' paper. I would hold up paper I'm normally drawn to to Sarah and ask 'too girly?' or 'is this okay for a baby?' and Sarah would politely nod her head and point to example layouts around the store and ask me, "does this paper look like it's meant for a baby? No. The only baby thing about it is the picture. So, as long as you put a picture of a baby on it, you'll be fine." Always my voice of reason. And, she eventually got sick of me and just ignored me. :)

So, here are my papers that I picked up. I love them all, now I just need to 'baby-fy' them with Connor's pictures. And let me tell you, the whole issue of 20 racks of girl clothing to 2 racks of boy clothing transferred right into the scrapbook store. I don't know how many times I held up some paper that was absolutely adorable for a little girl. But, I had to stay strong with the manly colors for my little Connor. Not sure he'd appreciate a bunch of pink flowery paper in a few years.


She did find a pack of rub-ons that were perfect...


I know. Crazy.

Hope you all have fabulous Memorial Day weekends. We are going appliance shopping today, hanging out with the Bode's tonight and hopefully it's nice out the rest of the weekend because Connor also got an adorable pair of swim trunks yesterday that he is dying to show off to the ladies and maybe take a dip in the lake at Grandma and Grandpa Loula's. Hopefully I'll have pictures to share :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

A. I'd never ignore you. I just humor you. :)

B. You quoted me well.

C. Don't lie. You bought Connor more than 1 pair of swimtrunks!!!

:) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy, Bryan and Connor. Claire is home until June 2 and we are hoping that we can come and see Connor before she leaves. When would it be convenient for you? Julie and Dean
thorsing@hickorytech.net