6.30.2008

7 days

No, I am not reenacting the plot from the movie 'The Ring'...I am counting down the days before I go back to work and Connor to daycare.

My leave has gone really, really fast, and it's unfortunate that probably just in the past few weeks has the weather cooperated. The first two months it seems it either was raining or gale force winds.

And so, my goals and plan for the week:

-clean the house (and by that...I mean giving a little attention to the toilets, etc.)
-organize the house (kitchen table just collects daily mail, things to do, things to look at later, things to file, etc.) This problem is an inherited disease from my father, just ask my mother.
-have laundry 100% caught up by next Sunday
-I am not planning on working much, if any this week. Not even going to check email...okay, no more than once a day.
-spending time at the lake, since Bryan said he'll be working til 8 or 9 every night this week I might just stay out there
-we have a party at the lake on Friday AND Saturday, hopefully the weather cooperates
-My niece probably is going to make an entrance into this world...she is 1.5 cm dilated, 90% effaced and at position +1. Her doctor basically said it'll be this week, well, not directly, but warned her it's coming very soon
-and my biggest goal (and most fun) is to continue Connor's scrapbook. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I got a good start, but in his book he's not even home from Children's Hospital yet. So...I have a lot to catch up on yet.
-Sell some things on ebay...I'm starting to get an itch for wanting to buy things for the new house (some things that we NEED...shower curtains, etc....and some that I WANT...new bed, dining room table, etc.) and feel that I should counteract those urges. One of my listings is already at $23. Ha. Long ways to go.
-Geez, almost forgot. I need to pick out all floor coverings and get them ordered (whether from the place in Mankato, online, even considering 'calling Empire today' as I hear that all day long on TV), pick out our kitchen sink and fixture, finalize all interior baseboard and casing, select all interior paint colors and get paint purchased, select and order countertop for kitchen and yeah. This bullet point might prevent a few of the top from getting accomplished. :(

I think that might be about it. My sleepless nights and early mornings with Connor are starting to take a toll on me. I just feel exhausted today, that won't be good for going back to work if he's up twice during the night...and I won't get any naps during the day, Bryan gets home late from work...blah blah. I know, cry me a river, but, he spoiled me there for a few weeks sleeping thru the night. Maybe daycare will wipe him out.

Alright, enough for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Christy! Trust me, everyone going to back to work has the same fears you do, and everyone figures it out. He will start to sleep longer some nights, because daycare does wear them out, and you will be busy with work, which helps you stay awake! Even though I missed Addison a lot every day, it feels really nice to get a routine and a normal life again. Plus, it really helps to take naps on the weekends when he does, the house cleaning can wait :) Enjoy your last few days at home, and remember, he will be in very good hands when you go back to work, GH is wonderful! I hope to run into you there, so I can meet Connor in person, he is such a cutie!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh....the dreaded going back to work worries. Hang in there. The anticipation is actually harder than actually doing it. Like Kim said, you will find that it is very nice to get back into some kind of routine (I actually get more done the days I work). Plus...just wait...a couple months down the road when he is moving and into everything...work is going to seem like a vacation :) I still need to get over and meet this little guy. He is absolutely adorable!!! Jodi Schmitz