9.21.2008

Washing Machine Poltergeist

Our washing machine at the rental in Nicollet was truly one of a kind. Every wash during the spin cycle, the noise it made almost caused us to go grab our important personal belongings and head for the basement in fear of a tornado or some incredible disaster...until we remembered it was just the washer. I swear it moved over a foot and twisted almost every time. Hopefully that has given you somewhat of an idea what the washer sounded like. It was awful. I was honestly scared it would blow up eventually. Water, clothes, everywhere.

Anyways. I swear it has followed us to our new house. Last night, while I was feeding Connor, I heard it. So confused, I walk down to the basement thinking maybe Bryan had started a load of rugs or something in the washer downstairs, nothing. Walked out to the card room, garage, nothing. Walked upstairs, nothing. Opened a window, and it got louder. So then I start trying to think if there anything outside that we left on that could possible make that noise. The irrigation system going AWOL? The hose watering the trees? Or maybe it was all in my head. Except Bryan confirmed he could hear it too when he got home. Hmm. We might never know.

No comments: