7.04.2008

Days 3 and 4

I see I forgot to post yesterday, and to be honest, I can't seem to remember what I did. Not sure that's a good thing? Means it wasn't enough.

I do know that I went in and met with Randy at Llyods to figure some more things out with our trim and talk about some final things on the house. Then I had a great lunch with the Sizer's and Ang, came home, then turned right back around with mom and went to Rickway to start figuring out our floor coverings. We left having 'everything' set...and then yesterday morning when we looked at everything in natural light...we don't like half of it. Crap. But, I think I'll take a trip down to Floor to Ceiling and maybe even Lowes, Home Depot, etc. We'll see. Have to get that stuff figured out soon. And maybe, just maybe, I'll 'call Empire today'...if I had a $1 for everytime I heard that on TV.

So again, nothing offically checked off the list I had originally made. But the 4 hours at Rickway was time well spent, we have to figure that out.

Yesterday I attempted to scrapbook in the morning, got about a half of spread done. Then, I went into town, ordered and bought our appliances (quite the dent in the savings account there), got a pedicure, got a spray tan...which...I think I should just stay away from those things. I have really cool streaks down the backs of my legs, and my arms are like half tan, half not, with a not so subtle line...oh well. Maybe I'll tell everyone I was trying to stain the deck...ha.

So yeah, that was about it yesterday. I did stop by the house and they have everything taped and textured, yeah! A guy is coming from the cities on Sunday to prime it all...and then...we can paint. I am so not ready. I have some ideas for what colors and everything, but not the whole house! So, I am giving myself til Wednesday or Thursday to have it all figured out, then paint like mad after work (yes...sad...work :( )and next weekend. Our kitchen cabinets have a ship date of the 14th, so I figure I have until the 18th to finish painting. It's certainly all coming together!

And..today is the 4th of July, and I won't be accomplishing anything other than party related tasks...which...is just great.

My friend Lisa said her goal is to get her kids' scrapbooks caught up before their birthday...even if that means pulling all nighters the week of...I figure my goal will be to be caught up every year before MY birthday, because Bryan isn't as busy.

So, that's about it. Hope everyone has a safe and great 4th weekend! I will have plenty of pictures to post after all the parties are over...sorry for the lack of them lately!

1 comment:

The Jensen clan said...

I'm in need of some pictures of Connor. I don't even know what he looks like anymore! Does he have more hair, is he talking, does he have a girlfriend? Pictures please.