7.20.2008

Messy Saturday

Yesterday, we had our first real 'blow out' situation. And of course, it was during church...and of course, I was wearing white pants. Not that you really need more information than that, but, I'm going to tell you the story, I just won't post a picture of my pants.

I could smell that Connor had a dirty diaper, so, I turn him onto my shoulder and take a peek down his pants. Not that I needed to, since it was bubbling over the top already. However, amazingly, there wasn't any on his shirt or his pants. I was thinking what a good mom I was that I caught this disaster-to-be just in time. So, I grab the diaper bag and head to the bathroom to change him. Of course, I'm out of wipes, so I go to the sink to wet a paper towel...and it was then that I noticed while standing in front of the mirror. My entire left leg, and when I mean entire, I mean entirely down my thigh to my shoes, was covered in poop. I honestly am so close to posting a picture so you get the full effect. I'm sure it made it worse that I had white pants on...but, seriously, gross. So I instantly start thinking, what the heck am I going to do now. I can't go back to church like this. Luckily...there were two girls in the bathroom that had been sitting across the aisle from us in church. So I ask them to tell my husband that I need him. A few minutes later I hear a knock on the bathroom door, open it, Bryan asks what's wrong...and I look down and he's like, oh, gross! So yeah, needless to say, Bryan grabbed Connor and headed back to church, I snuck over to Old Navy to buy some new pants (which, I held Connor's blanket in my hand while walking around the store so no one could see the mess...).

So, that was our 'messy Saturday'. We did follow it by a nice family dinner at Olive Garden :)

Still working on posting pics of Ashlyn's photo shoot...just getting the house cleaned up and laundry in order.

3 comments:

The Jensen clan said...

So did you buy more "mommy friendly" pants? White might have to wait until Connor is 12...

He's getting so big! I love the pictures of him smiling in his "I love hugs" onesie. Is his hair red?

Anonymous said...

Christy,
I know it wasn't funny but, had to laugh- you gave quite the visual on it all. Maybe try a receiving blanket -just in case- for another time. Hope you had stain remover on them soon after!! Just another "mom story"-but, what a clever ending! Hugs!

Cheryl

Sarah said...

I thought it was pretty darn hilarious actually! Wow! That's a story (and picture???) for the scrapbook. Love it.