7.08.2008

Our First Day

Well, day one at work and daycare is behind us now, and, I think it went pretty well. Bryan was able to get away from work for a few minutes and be there when I dropped him off yesterday morning, which was amazing for me. I only cried when I got back to my car and then almost again at work when my boss asked how I was doing. Surprised I held back tears actually inside when handing him over? Well, if you know my husband, no task goes without trying to be the most efficient with his time as possible, so me standing at the door (you kind of hand him over a half door into the Infant I room) trying to savor my last moments was taking FAR too much time and I knew he was behind me thinking this time was unnecessary, but, he was patient with me :)

So anyways, I did go over and see him at lunch and got to feed him, hold him, and hang out with the women that are in his room so that was really nice. There are 10 other infants in his room right now and I think one more would make it at full capacity. At about 9 mos. they move to Infant II.

After work I went to Floor to Ceiling to try to find some add'l floor coverings...and realized they are far too expensive. So, back to our original place and will just try and find some different colors. (thought we had it all picked out, looking at our samples in natural light the next day and were a little disappointed, amazing what lighting does)

Oh, and as a side note, I will thank my lucky stars that Connor has slept great Sunday night and last night, that's certainly been helpful. It was 10 to 530 or so Sunday night, and last night I got him down around 1015, and he's still sleeping :) (yes, he's breathing, I checked!)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Woo-hoo! Glad it went well Christy! :)