3.16.2011

grayson timothy bode

We proudly welcome Grayson Timothy Bode to our family! I'm so sorry for the lack of updates to the blog, I have absolutely NO idea how I blogged that often during Connor's birth, other than that his took approximately 12 hours longer, ha.
 

Official Stats:
9 pounds, 6 ounces
22.5 inches long
3:48 p.m. on March 15th, 2011

Our new family of four. 
Obviously excuse my lack of put-togetherness, and the fact that Connor is in severe need of a hair cut. Connor was adorable with Grayson, a little tentative at first, but softly rubbing his head, gave him a kiss, wanting to see his feet and hands, telling me that he's noisy, ha, etc. Bryan took him home for the night and when they were leaving he asked me if I was coming home and I said I had to stay here with Grayson just two more nights and the bottom lip came out, quivering, and we both cried for a bit :( I miss my Schmo! But soon enough we'll all be together at home. We told him there was a big present at home for becoming a big brother and the tears were no more. He did call me later to see 'how's grayson doing, mommy?' and to tell me he loved his new lowboy trailer and loader :)

I need to ask Bryan exactly what I said after they announced it was a boy, but it may have been complaining about potentially having to do this all over again to try one more time for little Lola Ruth. :)
But we are obviously so in love with him and glad that he's so far looking healthy (waiting for him to poop, of course, he supposedly did a little at birth, but he's been spitting up a bit overnight and so hasn't yet had another BM). Crossing our fingers!

We are still in shock over Grayson's size, ha. With his length, a few nurses have commented that he at least looks proportionate, ha. Good thing he's a boy, I guess, not sure women would like to hear that they're 'proportionate'. :)

So, going to head back to bed. I'll post a super fun labor story tomorrow sometime and thank you, Mom, for the pictures. All of the ones I have are a little 'fresh' for a few people's liking, I'm sure. 

Thanks for all the texts, emails, comments to the blog, etc., we are so blessed with such great family and friends!

18 comments:

Aleta said...

Congratulations! Grayson is such a beautiful baby! :) You look great, too! Can't wait to meet him.

Ben, Alissa & Peyton said...

Congrats Christy & Family! What a cutie pie and I love the name! :o)

Anonymous said...

VERY CUTE! Love the name also. And what a big boy.
The Kettners (Bran, Krista, Carson and Madison)

Unknown said...

He's adorable. Congratulations! So happy for your happy family of four!

Auntie Nancy said...

What? The string was wrong again??? Glad to hear HE is here....ALL of him! Congratulations and can't wait to meet him!

Rachel said...

So happy for you :) Can't wait to meet him! Love you all

Ariane said...

Congratulations on your beautiful addition! I love your family pic- Connor looking down at Grayson is so sweet. I bet he will be a great big bro...someone's gotta teach Grayson about loaders and other mobile equipment!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Bode Family! He's a big beautiful boy! And we love the name:)

God's blessing to you all,
Ryan, Missy & boys

Erin Wiegratz said...

Ahh, he's lovely! Can't wait to hold him. Congrats Bode's!

Randi said...

ya!! Congrats you guys. He is beautiful!

SHarstad said...

Grayson looks so healthy and your family looks great Christy. So happy for you. It's funny because Adelyn was that long and almost 2lb lighter. So I am happy for your portionate baby. Excited to visit when you are ready.

Amber said...

Congratulations Bode family! It was SUCH a fun surprise to wake up to this morning and see your post! Grayson is ADORABLE and I LOVE the name! :) You have a very sweet family of four! :)

Nicole Swanson the couture cupcaker 507.625.9276 said...

Congrats Bode family! So thrilled for you guys, entering into the family of four!
Grayson, whoa what a big boy, looks so sweet.
Mom and family look great too!
Enjoy your home time together. Take Care, Nicole & Bradley Swanson

Anonymous said...

Congrats Christy and family!! Love the name!! Enjoy your two boys, they are so fun!!
Heather Hulke

Katie said...

Congratulations! What a handsome boy:)

Mel said...

Congrats you guys!!! How exciting!!! He's adorable!!!

Staloch Family said...

Congrats!! We are excited to meet him!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He looks precious...all 9.6 pounds of him.

Allison