3.14.2011

the time has come

Well, where to begin. I think it's actually a good thing that I haven't been able to post until now, my emotions were running a little high :)

So, back up to this afternoon. Went in for the ultrasound, everything looked okay except I got docked one point for having a low amount of amniotic fluid and docked another point for lack of movement. We tried a few things to get baby to move, poking, juice, position, nothing really. So I left with a score of 6 out of 8, a guess of a 9 lb, 7 oz baby. Let me stop there. NINE pounds? Dear God. However it was like give or take 1.5 lbs. So, I guess could be around 8 lbs, or heaven forbid, 11. Ha. Comical to me. I've only gained 12 lbs this entire pregnancy so I'm hoping for closer to the 8 pound marker. Connor was 7 lbs 12 oz, just FYI.

Then we went to my doctor's appointment and had a stress test. My blood pressure was high and the nurse jokes 'if it stays that high, you won't be leaving'. I kind of laughed it off, saying that'd be fine with me, blah blah. Stress test went fine, doctor came in, checked me, no change. Still at a 1 and 25% effaced. He told us he was going to go check the schedules and come back. Really at this point I was thinking at the earliest it'd be tomorrow night that we'd come in so when he came in and asked what I was doing tomorrow I was like, having a baby I hope! He replied yep, and we'll send you over there tonight, right now actually. I think I started freaking out a little at that moment. He did let us go home and grab our stuff, but wanted us to come right back and get the cervadil going. He just stated that with the score on the ultrasound, combined with me having a little high blood pressure, the fact baby could be pretty big, it was time.

My mom was along, so she picked up Connor and Bryan and I headed straight home to gather our things. We didn't talk a whole lot (Bryan knew I was freaking out a bit, ha) and at one point I just started missing Connor :( Bryan agreed. I have no idea what I all packed, I completely was thinking I'd have time to think this through, google the official 'what to pack' list and make sure I had everything checked off. So that stressed me out a bit and also just the realization of what was about to come, I got super nervous. We gave Connor a ton of hugs and kisses and were on our way.

Fast forward a few hours, we're now settled in our room, they've placed the cervadil and I can't move until 10 pm. Then we're just hoping to get as much rest as possible tonight and hopefully things progress smoothly tomorrow. With Connor, the cervadil did "diddly squat", quoted from my doctor, so hopefully it's goes better this time. I have always said that the nurse that placed the cervadil with Connor didn't do it right...and this time it was much more uncomfortable of an experience so I'm going to take that as a good sign, don't burst my bubble :) She also said I was a 1-2, which was positive news as well.

I will say right now, I'm actually kind of uncomfortable. I don't know if it's the position I'm in, I feel like I shouldn't move until the 10pm hour, so I'm looking forward to then so I can either get up or move around or something. The nurse did mention I could get some nubain to sleep, bring on the pain meds, ha.

So, to keep this from getting any longer...we're at the hospital, getting induced, hoping and praying for baby tomorrow sometime!

14 comments:

The Nesslers said...

Yay! She blogs, she blogs! So excited for you guys and will be checking back for more updates!! i've been hitting refresh on your blog for the past hour (or two:))

Good luck and can't wait to meet the newest bode!

michelle isebrand said...

Good Luck Christy....We're thinking of you!

Lyndsey Beranek said...

How exciting... and scary at the same time! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to hear the news! Get some rest... easier said than done. Ha! ;)

Ben, Alissa & Peyton said...

Yay! Cervadil worked like a charm for me! Can't wait to see pics of your new little one!!!

SHarstad said...

Yay! Love you. Thank you for blogging! I will be praying it's quick and healthy. Can't wait!

Aleta said...

Yay, yay, yay! So excited for you. Can't wait to hear more updates. Praying everything goes well!

Aleta said...

P.s. I guess this means no movie night tomorrow? ;)

Auntie Nancy said...

Tomorrow is the Ides of March (et tu' Brute')and Uncle Ronnie's 64th birthday. Good day! And by the way, they were a pound off on Laura's birth weight from an ultrasound taken THE DAY BEFORE. So don't sweat the size thing.

Anonymous said...

Good luck sweetie! Connor is still sleeping - sideways and at the foot of the bed - so adorable. Hopefully won't be too hard to wake him up so we're on the road by 8 AM for our morning doc appts! Love you...praying for you.
mom

Unknown said...

Good luck! Can't wait to meet little Bode :)

The Jensen clan said...

Keep us posted!!! I can't wait to hear some more news!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you and know that prayer is a powerful tool in all things. This is as good a day as any-at least the weather is nice!

Keep us posted!
Hugs and love,
N&C

Erin Wiegratz said...

whoo hoo! I'm checking for updates today. I'm so very excited for the two of you...and for Connor to have a new sister or brother!

Rachel said...

Ditto on the refresh button :) Good luck to you!!! Love you lots