I am very pleased to report that there has been some progress. The cervidil did something this time (versus when we had it with Connor). Dr. Taylor checked me after they removed it and was happy to announce I was at a 3, 70% effaced and -1 station. Conveniently (ha), I blogged our entire labor with Connor so to compare, we weren't this 'far' along until 4:30 in the afternoon. Hopefully, that means we'll have a baby today, instead of tomorrow :)
Overnight last night, there was a fairly steady stream of mild contractions, I caved about 11 pm to get some Nubain to try and get some sleep, slept on an off, about an hour here, hour there, but overall feel fairly rested.
Doc broke my water about 8 this morning and they started the oxytocin (pitocin) shortly after. Contractions are about 4-6 minutes apart and I think they suck, ha. I feel it's too early to ask for drugs? Not going to lie, not sure how much longer I'll wait before asking for some nubain. Kudos to all you women that tough this out, I just don't see the point, ha.
We also were asked if we were okay if a student nurse tagging along today. We agreed, we had one with Connor's labor too. She's super sweet and we already warned her that our last student nurse doubled as our photographer, so she's getting prepared. Just hoping that it happens today, and not into the early morning again.
That's all for now :)