4.09.2008

10:00 PM update

We're at 5 now - yippeekaiay! Dr. Gildner ordered prophylactic antibiotics (she's been ruptured for a long time and want to prevent infection). He wil be checking in once/hour to check dilation progress. She needs to be making STEADY PROGRESS from now on. Doc suspects baby isn't "all that small". If baby's head doesn't start heading south at a steady pace, may be on track for a C-section. But time will tell.
I'm packing up and heading to the family waiting room now so Bryan can stretch out on his comfy (NOT) chair-bed.
Grandma Ruth

3 comments:

Unknown said...

GAM (Great Aunt Mary) here ... wishing you all some rest before the big push! Since I'M just getting my second wind, I'll stay tuned for a few hours yet ... can't wait to hear.

Anonymous said...

Like Annie, this aunt too is trying this for the second time. Been reading all day long, my thought have been with you through out the day. Ellie, Lucy and Bob joined the adventure this evening, what an education for the girls! Best of luck to you all through the night!
Bob, Peg, Ellie and Lucy

Anonymous said...

"Not too small", huh? I thought this was a Bode baby, not a Loula baby! :-)

Hang in there Christy. What will be will be. And, if it ends up being a c-section, that's okay too. You'll have an excuse to stay off that treadmill for a few weeks longer! :-)

I'm headed to bed (although I can hardly pull myself away). Good luck with everything.

XOXO
Auntie Nancy