4.14.2008

4 days

It just seems like SO long ago that we had Connor, but as I was thinking of it this morning, he just turned 4 days old this morning. 4 days, so much has happened since then! Bryan and I just got to the hospital a few minutes ago, checked on him, he's doing well and sleeping. We also talked with Dr. Hoekstra, he doesn't know the time of the surgery yet, but he suspects we should know soon hopefully. I found out yesterday that my dad's cousin, Jim Varley, and Dr. Hoekstra were both stationed in Ethiopia together for a few years and their families were very good friends. I asked Dr. Hoekstra about it this morning, and he knew just who we were talking about, wanted to know how they were doing and where they were at. Small world.

Here's a picture of what we come home to once we get to Mary's...amazing. And Alice and Bob, if you're reading this, thank you SO much for the gorgeous flowers!



We'll post as soon as we know what time the surgery is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Christy, Bryan and Connor!

Thinking of you today and sending prayers for good results for Connor's surgery. I am sure with all of the support and prayers beign sent to your family, things will turn out perfect. Your latest pictures of your family are great.

Take Care!
Allison

Jen said...

We will definitely be keeping your little guy in our prayers and thoughts today. He looks like a little champ and I'm sure everything will turn out perfect! I also have to say that Avery has the same green soothie from Children's and it was her favorite forever. She didn't want any other pacifiers! He looks so cute with his:) They can be soothie friends! I also loved the awake pics of him. He has beautiful eyes. Anyway, we will definitely be thinking of your family today. Good luck...Sending happy thoughts your way!

Anonymous said...

Christy,

I am so sorry to hear about Connor! I will keep you all in my prayers today and I know everything will work out.

Take Care!
Alissa

Sarah said...

I think Champ is a good nickname for Connor. Like Jen said, he looks like a little champ. The pic I got yesterday I said made him look like a little boxer with his hands up. He's definatley a champ. I can't wait to hear how it goes! Just think, this is the worst part. It's all uphill from here.

Lora said...

What a beautiful sunny morning to wish you and Connor a successful day! Can't wait to hear how wonderful the surgery goes and it won't be long that you'll have him back in your arms.
HUGS!

Anonymous said...

You have been so close to Mary and my hearts these past four days and now we celebrate that God has brought Conner into healing. We pray for quick recovery of a strong and mighty boy; and for parents whose hearts are so full of love they can't wait to get home to be a family. Our whole congregration held you up to Jesus this past weekend and Conner is graced.
We love you all: Pastor Steve and Mary Kosberg