4.09.2008

6:30 a.m.

We're all hooked up and ready to go. One bag of D5 or something she called it, basically sugar water since we can't eat or drink anything, keeps me hydrated, etc. Then the bag of 'the good stuff'. Nurse says average is 1 hour for 1 cm dilation once I start a regular pattern of contractions. So, that means we still have 8+ hours before starting to push. HOPING it's less than that...but, certainly not getting my hopes up.

As you can see, Bryan needs to work on getting his finger out of the viewfinder. And, I can't believe I'm actually posting a picture of myself. But, that's all for now. Contractions are about 2-4 minutes apart, and still probably a 2-3 (scale of 10) for pain.
My IV tower and monitor. Plus, Bryan's finger.

Monitor. Top line is baby's heartrate, black 'dots' kind of are baby's movements and then bottom line are my contractions. Since they're still monitoring contractions externally, the 'height' doesn't really have anything to do with strength, we're more looking at length and time in between the bumps.


Me, in all my water retained glory. Okay, a few potatoe ole's in there, too... Forgive the grossness, I won't be 'making myself up' until after baby is out and I can relax. So, this might be the only picture until that time. (and...Bryan's finger makes another appearance)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hi! Well I thought I would say hi so it didn't make me feel so stalkerish...I'm Ang's friend Jen. We've actually met a couple times. Anyway, I was kind of bored last night, so I was looking at blogs linked to my friends, and came upon your excitement! Now I'm hooked!! I had to check in this morning to see if your baby was here! :) I told Ang I feel like a stalker, so I figured I could introduce myself and say hi GOOD LUCK! We had our first baby in November. It is the most amazing think in the world! I can only imagine how anxious and excited you are! Hang in there, good luck, and hope your baby comes out soon! I know will be checking back for pics!

SHarstad said...

So excited for you. You look great - glowing even. :) Can't wait to meet baby B and have no more of Bryan's finger to deal with.

christy bode said...

Hi Jen! I stalk your blog via Ang as well! :) We are so ready for this baby (well, physically, not sure about mentally)...but it's certainly not moving very fast!

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, I have your blog open right next to my e-mail so I can check for updates. A bit stalker-ish? Maybe...

:) Good Luck!

I'm also considering starting my own blog (not that I have any interesting to talk about, but this is kinda cool!)