4.08.2008

our new home

We're here. Our new home for the next few days. I must be nervous because I had high blood pressure the first time they checked, but it's been great at every doctor appointment so, no worries there. The nurses (one seems to be 'training') checked me at about 6:10, still dilated about a 1-2. Baby's heartrate is good, 135-145.

Bryan has made himself at home on his chair, that supposedly turns into a bed, but we might just have a cot brought in for him.

Got interrupted while writing this post...it's now 6:55. They just put the IV starter or whatever it would be called in, so when we need the IV, the 'bad' part is already done. They'll be bringing my dose of Cervidil (sp?) shortly. Then I have to basically lay here for 2 hours and not move while that's in, then they'll take it out and we wait... I have a feeling nothing is going to happen tonight. Bummer, I know. But, we'll keep you posted.

Oh, and Bryan went and checked out our view right away, was at first joking, 'great, a view of another building'...and THEN he noticed that there is an excavator right outside the window. And in all honesty, he was truly excited. I guess we were meant to be in this room...

So, that's it for now.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie and I are stalking your blog for the night. :) We will be checking every 15 minutes. I'm so excited for you!
Angie says...keep it coming!

-Emily

Sarah said...

I LOVE the play by play! Maybe Brian could type a commentary throughout with live feed?
I'll be sitting here (with Angie and Emily!) patiently waiting and refreshing. :)

Good luck dear! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I agree! You guys are too funny! :)

SHarstad said...

stalking from class. Keep us updated. Love you. :)