4.12.2008

Today's Schedule

Bryan and I just went and said good morning to Connor. He was sleeping, so we didn't want to wake him, just talked to him and told him how much we love him, how strong he is, how CUTE he is, and how many people besides his mom and dad are routing for him.

His day nurse, Jennifer, said she is basically just waiting for the call from radiology to see when they are able to take him to do his test. She said that since it's the weekend, they'll probably have to call someone in from home (I'd gladly take the number and call myself of course...). I told her I was the 'typical mom' and had been googling Connor's condition, it just sounds like such an emergency thing online if they don't take care of it right away. But, it goes hand in hand I think with the level of distress. If Connor was in distress, it'd be a different situation, but he's not. He's contently sleeping in his little crib under his tanning lights. The nurse said if his bowels or intestines were at risk for rupturing, there would be symptoms, and he has none. So...today will be a waiting game basically. Waiting for the test to happen, waiting for results, and sounds like it might be a back and forth thing a few times, run the test, wait for results, wait again, re-run the scans, wait for results, etc.

Mom, Bryan and I might try and go find somewhere to relax and eat some breakfast for now. Will update again when we know some definitive times of when he'll be getting his first tests, etc.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Christy and Bryan -

The Brossards send their love and lots of prayers your way! Connor looks so content - but he'll be so uch happier in your arms!

Love you all,
Ron, Rita, Matt & Mark

Megan & Andy said...

Hey, Christy - I know it's been awhile since the good ol' Hudson Menards days, but I just wanted you to know that if you need anything while you're in the Cities, don't be afraid to give a shout! Not sure if you're at Children's in Mpls or St. Paul, but they're both pretty close to me, so call or e-mail if you need anything.

Megan Farr
meganmfarr@hotmail.com
6129639302

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Christy, Bryan and grandma Ruth,
Thanks for the updates, I continue to check often on the status of Connor. Today sounds like it will be a day of waiting and wating is always difficult regardless of the situation. Remember the best doctors are on your side.

Take Care...Love and prayers to you and Connor.

Allison

Unknown said...

Christy, Bryan, and family ... can't think of anything but you and Connor. We're "waiting" with you and praying like crazy. GAM

The Jensen clan said...

Christy, Bryan, and Connor,

We're sending all of our love and prayers to you! Stay strong!

Love,
Jesse, Heidi, and Reece

Anonymous said...

Christy and Bryan,

You're both strong parents! My prayers for God's continual peace and comfort are with you.

Love,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Just checking in this morning and letting you know we will be thinking and praying for good test results from little Connor today! Glad to see/hear he is resting peacefully in his little home. I hope you get to hold him today. that would be hard not to be able to. Go relax and eat and I'll be checking in throughout the day for updates. Take care of each other!!!
Krista and Brandon Kettner

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Connor!
This is your auntie Krystal's sister, Lyndsey. I've been visiting your website a lot lately.. your mommy and grandma have been doing a great job with updates and pictures. You're such a popular little guy! And super cute!
I wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and sending lots of love! Stay strong and keep fighting!!!
Keith, Lyndsey & Jared Beranek

Annie Mae said...

Christy, Bryan and Connor,
I just happen to see a link to your blog on Facebook. Congratulations on the arrival of Connor! I know you are in wonderful, caring hands at Children's. Please know that Travis and I are thinking about your family and praying that everything is able to be treated in a timely manner. Take care!
Andrea (Odell) and Travis Fitzl
(Former ShopKo teammates)

Sarah said...

It's amazing how many people are rooting for you all. Lots of prayers are going on--no doubt that with all of those, everything will turn out just as you hope. I'm close too and would LOVE to help in any way.

Anonymous said...

Christy, Bryan, and Connor,

I hope everything is on the right path and the Hollerich's will pray that everything is okay for your family. Stay well for Connor and yourselves.

Robin

Anonymous said...

I just found out about all this as I hadn't checked e-amil since noon yesterday. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I'm glad you're at Children's....I know Children's in St. Paul has always been good and I'm sure Minneapolis is too. I am praying for you guys and again, so sorry that you have to experience this bump in the road. Conner is so beautiful and you will get to hold him soon so hold on to that thought and we'll keep praying. Love, Annie

Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of love, support and prayers!Children's is a great spot to be and we know they'll be able to help Connor.Thanks for the updates, we check often!
Take care.
Jeff and Vicki Nessler