4.10.2008

2:10 AM

PRAISE THE LORD...10 cm. Still a little lip on the cervix (not totally effaced) but hopefully can push through it if need be. Pain is bad now; epidural seems to have worn off almost completely. Praying for birth within 2 hours now. Doctor will be here in within 30 min.
I'm still in my chair by the elevator - they'll keep me updated as often as they can.
This is the hardest thing I've ever done...a mother always thinks they can help their kids when they're hurting...and it's horrible knowing I can't do anything but keep praying.
Grandma Ruth

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gonna be ok :-)

Naomi

Anonymous said...

Just think how beautiful this baby is gonna be... Dang look at it's parent's and they had to get their good looks from somewhere ;-) You are doing the best thing you can right now Grandma... Praying :-) I think every mother is that way. My mom was when I had my daughter and I survived :-)

Anonymous said...

Baby Bode come on... we are all anxiously wating :-)

Anonymous said...

Any new's yet? I can't wait to see this beautiful baby. I want to be able to tell Ben before he goes to start working on your house in the A.m. whether or not you are a girl or boy Baby Bode, so quit giving mom so much trouble and just come out and let everyone meet you! I mean like soon!

Naomi

Anonymous said...

Go Christy! I heard you are still in labor and that Heather had hers at 7 tonight! Hang in there! I will be thinking of ya!
Rhiannon

Anonymous said...

Ok two hours now and I know that I am being kinda impatient. I'm sorry, but I just checking to make sure everything is ok. I keep checking and checking and no message. Baby Bode are you here?

P.S. Naomi Again

Anonymous said...

We have only heard the hospital's baby chimes once in the last three hours... the chimes that go off through out the hospital that let everyone know a baby was born! So I am hoping that that chimes was for you and your baby!

Naomi