4.11.2008

bump in the road

We're having a really tough afternoon here. After having some xrays and some bloodwork to try and figure out why he wasn't eating or passing a stool, the pediatrician came in and said we need to transfer Connor to the Children's Hospital in the cities. Obviously...this news was devastating to us and it's certainly hard to swallow, seeing your new son having so much trouble. The good thing...he's content. He only cries when you touch his tummy, which is swollen since he has a big pocket of gas in there, and the issue is there is a blockage to his rectum, preventing him to pass a stool. He basically can't eat anything anyways...since there is not where for it to go. So. The ambulence is on its way from Childrens to come get him, should be here any minute hopefully, then I need to get discharged, then Bryan, my mom and I will be heading to the hospital there to meet him.


It might be just that his first stool is stuck and causing the blockage (what we're praying for), or that maybe his colon wasn't formed right or something like that, which would probably require surgery. Not going to lie...Bryan and I are just heartbroken. This is so hard for us...but, we will try and keep you all posted once we get to the hospital tonight and know more. They're not treating it as an emergency thing, so even if they determine he needs surgery, they woulnd't probably schedule it until tomorrow, unless things change. Pastor Steve from Hosanna was here and we baptised him already...which also is SO hard to take in right now.


So, for those of you still checking this...please please keep our Connor in your prayers tonight!


love, bryan and christy


9 comments:

Sarah said...

Love you guys! I'll absolutely keep you in my prayers ALWAYS. Keep us posted!!!

Anonymous said...

Of course sitting here with tears in my eyes for you guys while reading this! I couldn't imagine getting this news when you think everything is fine and that maybe he just wasn't all about eating in the first 24 hours, but then hearing this. You guys take care, have a safe trip, and keep us posted when you have time. Your new family, especially baby Connor, will DEFINITELY be in our thoughts and on our minds the next few days. Love you guys!! Hugs!
Krista and Brandon Kettner

Jen said...

We will surely be keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers tonight. The doctors and nurses at Children's are amazing and he couldn't be in better hands. That is where Avery got her start. Hang in there. He is a beautiful baby :)

The Nesslers said...

It absolutely broke my heart when you called today hearing you so upset and it still does, thinking of what you must be going through. Like Jen said, Children's Hospital is an amazing place and although I know this has got to be extremely hard on you guys, I know he'll be taken care of there. We're praying for you and love you!
Angie and Jay

Anonymous said...

Christy and Bryan God has truly blessed Connor with a very loving mother and father i am very proud of both of you i also know that our loving God will take care of my grandson how awesome it was for me to see my grandson today love to all of you Grandpa Bode

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you guys and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Connor will make it through this...He's a Bode! :)

Love you guys!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

I am saying tons of extra prayers for Connor and you. You are in the best hospital with the best doctors. Stay strong.

Allison

SHarstad said...

I love you guys and praying hard. God will take care of you and Connor.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Christy and Bryan. I was so surprised and saddened to hear this news. I can't imagine the fear and helplessness you're experiencing. You're going to the best kids' hospital around. Think positive and try to stay strong. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug! Love you! We're staying tuned!
XOXO
Auntie Nancy and Uncle Mark